Stay on top of Healthcare Management with IdM
Integrating Identity Management (IdM) technology within the system is imperative for healthcare services providers. Healthcare providers have to remain on top at providing best care to patients. IAM technology has evolved through years to help healthcare organizations in achieving a secure IT framework, and be compliant to landmark regulations such as HIPAA and HITECH.
The structure of healthcare business has evolved into a module where it becomes imperative to integrate correct set of technology to interact within the IT system. In order to remain on the top at providing best care to patients, it is important for decision makers of healthcare organizations to understand the ingredients that go into the making of a perfect IAM synchronized IT infrastructure. In addition keeping track of new-age capabilities to brings improvisation into the process and cannot be overlooked, this includes cloud based IAM, application integrators, API integration.
IAM brings together every component of IT in a secure way, paving way for automation and efficiency in the system.
Knowing how IAM adds value to Healthcare IT can bring a new dynamism into the picture. That said, the focus of IAM is not just compliance, it is way more than that. Listed below are the capabilities that an IAM solution brings into a Healthcare IT system:
- Smooth Flow of Information. When it comes to healthcare providers, it can be a matter of life and death. Any glitch in information sharing process can prove to be life threatening for a patient. Various access governance features like Single Sign-On, Password Management and Federated Access can help organization remain on top of seamless information sharing.
- Protecting Electronic Records. As healthcare providers migrate data to preserve medical records electronically, it becomes imperative to protect such information. Checks need to be in place to prevent unauthorized access. Provisioning the right users and de-provisioning the ones who have left the system ensure that a huge chunk has been taken care of.
- Allowing Access On-The-Go. BYOD/CYOD and everything mobile is not a myth anymore. The number of devices involved in the system increase exponentially, but there is no going back. While a missing mobile can ring trouble for the database does not hinder adoption of Mobile friendly work environment. Mobile friendly identity and access framework can address threats.
- Establishing Access Rights. Who, What, How, When – the limit of information to be shared with audit and administrative staff. This feature ensures that patient health related information remains confidential. Any policy defined as a part of Access Governance helps in achieving the task of assigning the right access to right user.
- Ensuring Regulatory Compliance. There is no running away from healthcare regulations such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) compliance. Fines on data breaches can run into a lot more than what goes into ensuring compliance. Identity Managed framework allows for consolidating all access events to ensure regulatory compliance.
Value for money options are available for identity management in healthcare. On premise solutions are right for healthcare providers with a user base of over 10,000. Pay per use cloud based IAM solutions help smaller player in staying on the top of automation.