Automating Healthcare with IDaaS
IDaaS (Cloud based Identity Management solution) allows benefits of Identity Management to all.
Identity as a Service (IDaaS) or Cloud Identity Solutions come into play when businesses decide to take a strategic decision and build on legacy IAM System. In case of healthcare, IDaaS based setups become all the more important as they allow flexibility to connect with various healthcare applications. Getting close to management of Identity through a legacy IT System which is governed via on premise setup often challenging, costly and complex. Well rounded and all-encompassing Cloud Identity Managed solutions are ideal for health care providers.
The way ahead is parallel management of IAM on cloud and IAM on Premise in Healthcare settings
Protecting confidentiality and integrity of patient records has been a long standing challenge for healthcare organization. While HIPAA and HITECH sound like regulatory threats, they validate existence of on-ground threat – data theft. A lot of sensitive personal data, such as patient names, addresses, dates of birth, and personal medical records are stored with healthcare providers. Understandably the onus of protecting that information, against possible theft, lie on the part of those who have stored the data, i.e. healthcare providers in this case.
Technology is fast getting integrated to monitor health on the go, from a humanitarian aspect it is one of the revolutionary developments. IDaaS as a technology enables:
- Delivering quicker diagnostic results
- Better service quality
- Up-to-date instant access to patient’s medical records
- Harness analytics for better patient care
- Achieving competitive business operations
- Cloud integration of Medical applications
- Medical risk assessments through audits and assessments
IDaaS as a technology is a game changer because it moves beyond antiviruses and malware protection for security considerations. It arms you against your systematic loopholes. Here is something to help you understand a systematic loophole, a few categories of people within your premise who could be a threat:
- The bad ones who will barge into the system and steal information in lieu of authority.
- The forgetful ones who wrote their password on a sticky note pasted on their desktop.
- The careless ones who shout out their password while trying to recall it in their mind.
- The trustful one who believe that morally no one can ever misuse a password ever.
- The sneaky one who is always on a lookout for cracking access into someone else’s identity.
Sure we can think of more such types, but that is not as important as ensuring all such threats are shielded, there is no running away anymore.
Cloud based identity solutions encompasses varied aspects of identity management from Identity verification, authentication, access governance, data security, data privacy, system integrity, browser security, standardized interfaces, device compatibility & interoperability and Regulatory adherence.