Knowing that in order to stay competent, businesses started bringing state-of-art innovative solutions into office premises. Today it is impossible to imagine a business without computing assistance. It has surpassed limited office dimensions and defied traditional work settings.
As we talk about tele-commuting, flexi-time, contractual employment, outsourcing, virtual offices, global team and more without compromising on business efficacy. Therefore amongst many must, making Identity Management central to business model becomes imperative. Here are ten benefits of integrating IdM in your organization:
- Process orientation: While the world talk of technology integration, it is process that needs to do the talking. IdM allows you to refurbish archaic tools and processes to proceed with optimal usage of technology.
- Uninterrupted automation: User provisioning, de-provisioning, password change/forgot requests, and related processes that ate a lot of IT admin’s time can be achieved in no time and without manual intervention.
- Corporate Governance: A strong internal policy framework that is backed by a strong IT infrastructure, can be easily controlled and seamlessly monitored when IdM enters into the picture. It also keeps a close check on unauthorized controls.
- Regulatory compliance: Whether you like it or hate it, regulatory dictates leaves no room for being a defaulter. Many highly regulated such as Healthcare, Financial Institutions, Telecom service providers have to go ahead with Identity Managed organization.
- Value addition: Identity Management offers an improved ability to automatically detect and react to potential risks. Added features such as Single-Sign On, Federated Access, Mobile Integration and Cloud Compatibility bring business efficiency.
- Keeping a check: As we move towards Internet of Everything with increased capacity of Internet lines, cyber vulnerabilities will increase. So should be the mechanism of keeping a check on potential attacks.
- Protecting brand image: As businesses are home to repository of information of clients, intellectual property, customers, stakeholders, employees, a little window let free is sufficient to rupture the brand image.
- Cost cutting: Besides cutting down on time lost in processing requests, a drastic reduction in the cost of help desk and administrative IT can be achieved through automation. This includes improved service through secure process for password change/forget initialization.
- Audit information: A hefty task of auditing system-of-record for access changes and approvals becomes a very easy process. This leads to better delegation of work among administrators to gather accurate knowledge of user access needs.
- Futuristic roadmap: Cloud, mobile, social media and big data are impacting the dimensions of Identity Management. Various features of IdM enables businesses to stay in time and gaining an edge with available business benefits.
IdM solution is all about improved service, productivity optimization, reduced errors, increased efficiency, improved security, risk minimization, regulatory compliance and growth enablement.