Oracle IM to SailPoint Migration
Oracle IM offers end-to-end life cycle management user identity management effectively for enterprises on-prem and over the cloud as well. Though it delivers scalable solutions in access management, identity governance, and directory services there are things beyond its capabilities that modern-day enterprises need to secure their identities. The major shortfalls with OIM are higher increasing ownership costs, lack of future or vision, and deployments missing enterprise identity security expectations which sought migration to SailPoint.
The Major Challenges with Oracle Identity Manager (OIM)
Complex Implementation and Upgrade Processes:
- OIM needs multiple components installation
- Customers need to upgrade components for every upgrade made to their OIM
- Multi-product nature of OIM asking for knowledge of Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), BI, Oracle ADF, Design Console for configuring OIM.
- Buggy code releases and quality control issues
- Time and resource-intensive upgrades
- Complex to maintain OIG
Third-party System connectivity:
- Complex deployment of connectors for cloud apps like Office365
- Too much customization needed to use connectors
- Separate licensing of Oracle Connectors
SailPoint with an open-source identity governance platform empowers enterprises for creating an identity-enabled organization using data, applications, and devices.
- Cost-effective and Quick Migration to SailPoint compared to OIM upgrade
- Upgrades are Streamlined
- On-prem deployments incurring low hardware costs
- Less-cost for Sustainability
- Minimal TCO
- More than 100 Out-Of-the-Box connectors
- Broad Cloud-deployment options
- (Relevant image showing process the flow/features)
Why Avancer for Oracle to SailPoint migration?
With the multitude of benefits in Oracle to SailPoint migration, Avancer offers matchless solutions to customers. If you are wondering how Avancer adds value to your migration process, then here is a sneak peek into it:
2 Hour Kickoff
Your current deployment is reviewed through a telephonic or web session with a complete set of detailed questionnaires.
1 Day Workshop
Once the review/assessment is done our team of experts conducts deep-dive workshops and performs Application Integration Analysis.
1-2 Week Roadmap Planning
We develop the integration or migration plan with phase 1 of the statement of work (SOW).
Avancer’s approach to migrating from Oracle to SailPoint:
Avancer follows a comprehensive approach while migrating from Oracle to SailPoint. After careful assessment, and reviewing of the OIM system we help you choose your desired SailPoint flavor to be implemented – SailPoint IdentityIQ or SailPoint IdentityNow. If you manage your enterprise information over on-premise systems then IdentityIQ would be the best solution for you and organizations handling identities on on-prem, hybrid, cloud or a mix of them can go for IdentityNow. With a pool of trained SailPoint experts on-board, Avancer assists you in assessing your system and evaluate your existing IT infrastructure, create a risk assessment report, strategy and roadmap document, and develop a governance framework model.
Here is how we migrate your business from OIM to SailPoint:
- Build the Identity Warehouse for securely managing the organizational data and significant entitlements within a central repository.
- Migrate Access Request & Password Management is done through Role-based Access Controls for safekeeping the sensitive passwords and user data with delicate access restrictions.
- Migrate User Provisioning automatically to ease out Password Management & Provisioning process and bring down the costs for better end-user satisfaction.
- Migrate Resource Connectivity
If you are tired of your OIM system and want to get your enterprise identities effectively aligned for better performance and less cost, then migrating to SailPoint seems a great option. Please feel free to get in touch with us. We would be glad to help!